New 2010 Stokke Xplory Stroller Review
April 29th, 2010
As all of you may have already heard, Stokke is coming out with the new 2010 Stokke Xplory Stroller this summer. Due to be released in June, it has now been pushed back to July 1st.
After playing around with the stroller for a while, I want to share my thoughts with you in hopes of answering most of your questions about it. There are several great blog entries about the new Xplory already on the web, so I thought I would focus on answering the most common or popular questions we’ve been receiving from our customers.
If you have the current Xplory in stores now, it IS possible to upgrade to the new one. For $399, Stokke will be offering a stroller seat package which will include the seat, seat fabric, canopy, and under seat bag. So, if you are getting ready for your second child and want to give your existing stroller a face lift, you are in luck!
So, what’s different about the stroller?
If you have an Xplory with serial number greater than 113464 (these have been in stores for months), the chassis will be almost exactly the same. The only differences are:
Chassis (Stroller Seat Frame)
- Brake pedal is now Red, not Cream colored
- There are 2 clips on the frame to hang your Stokke Changing Bag
- The under seat bag has been completely remodeled. It’s larger, has a zipper closure instead of a drawstring, and fastens to the chassis much easier than the current model.
Bassinet (available with the Stokke Xplory Complete Stroller Only)
The hard plastic shell that makes up the bassinet is exactly the same. The difference are:
- Textile set (fabric inside the bassinet) is completely different. Stokke replaced the current fabric with a new micro-fiber material. It’s designed to create a softer and smoother look and feel. It will also take moisture away from your child more efficiently, to keep them dry and cool. It’s also water resistant.
- The Canopy now has a visor (2 inch lip on the edge of the canopy). You can extend it or leave it tucked in. When extended, it gives your child more shade from harmful sun rays.
- There is a great mesh window on part of the canopy, designed for better ventilation. It can be opened and closed easily and securely.
This is where most of the changes are, such as;
- Increased comfort with upgraded textiles (same as the Bassinet).
- Deeper seat for increased comfort and support
- The back of the seat (previously exposed plastic) is now coated with the same color seat fabric for a sharper, sleek look.
- Tighter seat rail fabric padding with easy on/off capabilities.
- The footrest features a one-handed adjustment, as opposed to the current model which features 2 clips.
- The canopy is the same as the bassinet description above, complete with visor and mesh ventilation
- The under seat bag is larger and zips up for added security and convenience
So, what works and what doesn’t from the current to new model? The short answer is that all current accessories will fit the new Xplory. Here are the details;
- The new parasol does not need the clip/adapter piece anymore. It plugs right in. However, the current parasol WILL fit the new model
- The Sleeping bag is now only offered in one color, cream. It had been completely redesigned and will match any color stroller. The current sleeping bags WILL fit the new model
- The new Footmuff is softer, and has a drawstring to create a snug cocoon-like fit around your child. It’s also a bit larger. The current footmuff WILL fit the new model
- Car seat adapter have not changed at all and WILL fit the new model
- The changing bag has been completely remodeled. The current bag WILL fit the new stroller
- Also to come, Stokke is planning to add a summer kit (only to fit the New Xplory) and a sheepskin insert.
Stokke came out with a new Blanket that they refer to as the “Celebrity Blanket”. It’s soft and cuddly, but can also be used as a shield from the sun and wind. With 2 convenient snaps, it clips around the stroller canopy securely so that it won’t fly off. As a parent, I definitely appreciate that feature.
The new Stokke 2010 Xplory Stroller will be offered in 6 colors; Red, Purple, Green, Dark Navy, Blue, and Beige.
The Price will be increasing slightly. The Stokke Xplory Complete Stroller will retail for $1259.99. the Basic (without bassinet) will be $1059.99
The New 2010 Stokke Xplory Stroller will be available for pre-order in June for delivery during the first week of July. The dates may change, but this is what it is looking like at this point in time.
PRE-ORDER NOW: Click Here
In the meantime, if you have any other questions, feel free to contact us anytime.
Posted in Stokke Uncategorized 4 Comments »